Saturday, February 13, 2010

2010 Olympics in Vancouver, Canada


The ceremony was delightful and the inclusion of the First Nations People was wonderful to see. I was saddened that the entire event went without a hitch until that final scene where the 4th piece of the torch did not come up out of the floor, but otherwise it was fabulous.

I guess no one was surprised to see Wayne Gretzky as the final torch bearer, myself included.

If you are interested in the games at all, I have included a link below that will take you to the main page which offers links to the individual competitions themselves for the schedules and results, photos of the ceremony, news, medals, the athletes, and many more bits of information for you to enjoy.





Enjoy and I would like to say good luck to all the athletes out there participating.


On a sad note, I would also like to send my thoughts and deepest sympathies to the family, friends and teammates of Nodar Kumaritashvili, from the country of Georgia who died today while training for the Luge competition.

1 comment:

  1. crystalwolf aka caligrlFebruary 13, 2010 at 6:14 PM

    That was so sad and so tragic, but those people doing that are basically traveling 88 miles a hour with nothing but a helmet to protect them...! Scary sport.

    ReplyDelete